Custom, Hand-Drawn Art from West Bloomfield, MI’s Leading Tattoo Artists
The artistic diversity amongst the Chroma Tattoo Artists makes us the easy choice for your next tattoo.
Regardless of what design you come to us with, you can be confident that our artists will give you exactly what you want. We specialize in custom, one-of-a-kind tattoos. In fact, we don't even have any tattoo flash on the walls like most shops do. Our artists are incredibly talented and will work with you to give you the perfect tattoo. Bring any references for our artists, or even just an idea you have in mind. We are experts at translating your thoughts and ideas into a finished drawing.
For examples of the finished work of our incredible artists, please take a moment to browse each of their portfolios.
How to Prepare for Your Tattoo Appointment
The big day is upon you - you’re about to head into the Chroma Tattoo parlor to finally get that piece of body art you had designed to exact specifications. Maybe you’ve done this before, or maybe this will be your first tattoo. Whichever the case may be, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before heading in to get your new tattoo.
1. Dress appropriately. You’re going to be sitting still for an extended period of time. Consider wearing loose, comfortable clothing. Also, keep in mind that bits of ink may spatter, so wear something that you won’t mind getting ink on.
2. Eat first. Like we mentioned, you’re going to be sitting for a bit. It’s highly recommended that you eat before you come in for your tattoo. Or, bring a snack with you. Eating a decent meal, however, will keep you from those distracting tummy rumbles.
3. Timing. Be prepared for your tattoo to take up to a few hours or longer. You can’t rush perfection. When scheduling your appointment, it’s best to make sure you have blocked off the appropriate amount of time.
4. Calling in sick. Yes, please. If you’re sick, don’t come in. We mean that in the nicest way possible, but do call and let us know instead of just not showing up. No shows are not nice. We do require a 48-hour advance notice, but we can discuss it if the situation is extenuating.
5. Lost in translation. If you are having some sort of saying tattooed, please make sure you check with a translator as to it’s proper translation. We are not able to validate the translation but we are happy to create your tattoo based on your specifications.
6. Don’t drink. Well, a single drink is okay but getting totally loaded the night before or even the day of your tattoo appointment can cause you to bleed more. We’d like to keep this as painless and bloodless as possible. Excessive bleeding due to alcohol in the system can prevent the ink from staying in the skin.
7. Clean slate. Some areas have to be shaved before being tattooed. While some pre-shaving in particularly hairy areas is appreciated, let us take care of it for you. If you cut yourself, we can't tattoo the area.
8. Clear your mind. Getting tattoos, especially for first-timers, can be a little nerve-wracking. Make sure you are 100% (or as close to that percentage) ready to get your tattoo - both emotionally and physically. Remember, if you decide this isn’t something you really want to do, we do require a 48-hour cancellation in order for you to transfer your deposit to a different date. Tattoos are permanent, please make sure you’re ready for that lifelong commitment.
9. Homework. Make sure you bring in any paperwork that is required of you. In some instances, we’ll need a birth certificate. Bring your driver's license and credit card or cash.
Policy: Because our artists are busy and time is valuable, we at Chroma Tattoo require a deposit for ALL drawings and appointments. Consultations will remain free. For appointments that are less then 4 hours we will require a $50 deposit. For appointments that are 4 hours or more, we require a $100 deposit. All deposits are non-refundable. If you need to change the date of your appointment, your deposit can be transferred with a 48 hour notice with a one time chance to move your date within a 6 month period. This is a non-negotiable policy.